Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pats' Safety Rodney Harrison, "Dirtiest" In The NFL

I'm so dirty!New England Patriots Safety Rodney Harrison has been named the "Dirtiest Player in the NFL" in a Sports Illustrated Poll. This is the second time in three years he has landed this title.

Harrison was the landslide winner for the mantle of dirtiest NFL player, out of 361 players in the poll, 23% selected Harrison. Others on the charts were Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter and Philadelphia Eagles tackle Jon Runyan tied for a distant second with 6 percent apiece, followed by Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Warren Sapp (5 percent).

“Do I take perverse pride in this?” Harrison said. “All I can say is as many guys as say I’m a dirty player, just as many come up and tell me they admire how I play, the hard work, the commitment, the toughness. That’s the pride you’re looking for. I take pride in that.

“But dirty? I don’t think you guys can look in my eyes and say I’m a dirty player.”

What can you say, the guy lays it on the line on every play. He's just a player that no one likes to play against because he talks a lot of trash, but he certainly has backed it up during his 13 years in the NFL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home