Friday, October 20, 2006

Pat Riley: ''I got caught in a riverbed with about 20,000 wildebeests stampeding within 20 feet of me.''

I guess Pat Riley vacationed in Africa this summer and he's telling all about his trip. He told the Miami Herald:

''I got caught in a riverbed with about 20,000 wildebeests stampeding within 20 feet of me,'' Riley revealed matter-of-factly Thursday. ``It was incredible.

``This was right after the championship. I was a week away from Dallas and the next week I was being chased by buffalo and wildebeests.''

Did he feel at risk? ``Yeah, I did. Oh, yeah. I felt at risk in the middle of the afternoon, stalking wildebeests and buffalo and [getting] caught in the middle of a high grass savanna. And there were buzzards circling overhead, so the night's kill was all around.''

What's more, there was a pride of lions 'probably 50 yards away. They don't bother you if you don't bother them. They've already been fed. But I was afraid we would walk up on somebody in the deep grass and, `Hey!' We did walk up on what they call a warthog. He jumped out and scared the hell out of us. I said, 'Let's get to some place where we can see.' We had people with high-powered guns, obviously, but I didn't have one on me.''

We wonder if the Riley and the Heat will be able to repeat. If the team has enough Castol Syntec in their engines and in Riley's hair the very well could.

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home