Saturday, October 21, 2006

Michael Vick Wants To Pass Now

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was interviewed this past week by Cris Carter for HBO and talked about how he feels that he needs to pass the ball more rather than use his legs to move the ball down the field.

"If I want to play until I'm 34, 35 years old, then I have to take that into consideration,'' Vick told Cris Carter of HBO's "Inside the NFL'' this week. "I have to protect myself. I've been trying to do that. But Sunday I was sacked seven times and took 24 hits [including eight rushing attempts]. The longevity won't be there if I continue to go at that rate.''

No kidding.......Vick goes on to talk about his comparison to other top NFL QB's:

"Tom Brady, Peyton [Manning], Donovan... they all throw from the pocket, make the right decisions, do the right things. I'm up there with Peyton and Brady and Donovan. I think I'm there with that group [as a passer]. But I don't feel I get the credit I deserve as far as what I do and the impact I have on my team.''

Of course they have doubts, you really haven't proven to anyone that you can sit back there and throw it down the field. Vick rarely is in the pocket, it's just not the type of quarterback he is, that's what makes him Michael Vick. Can Vick ever be a "pocket" passer? It's certainly something that you can't change overnight.

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home