Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bonds Future Uncertain

Bonds: Covering something up?
There is no certainty that Barry Bonds will be in a Giants uniform during the 2007 season.

The 42-year-old Bonds would like to finish his career in the city where he's spent the last 14 of his 21 big league seasons. Yet he repeatedly has said his future is in the hands of the Giants.

Did you read the quotes that I'd like to stay at home? That hasn't changed," Bonds said of next year, which likely would be his final season.

I'm not at an age where I can pick where I play," he said. "If you want me, call me. ... I don't even know what I'm going to do. Right now, I'm going to wait until the offseason, take care of my family and talk to my son and my wife. They're the ones who are iffy, not me."

Barry is 22 home runs away from all-time leader Hank Aaron. If he doesn't get a chance to break the record next season, it appears he may have a career after baseball!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home