Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wade and Lee Filming Converse Commercials

Let me tell you about a man named Mars Blackmon
Dwyane Wade's experience with renowned director Spike Lee was nothing like the classic Michael Jordan commercials that launched in the late 1980s. For Wade and Lee, the commercial that was shot inside Miami LaSalle High School's basketball gym Monday was less about the shoes and more about the man in them.

The commercial is for Wade's newest Converse sneaker, called WADE 1.3, and is scheduled to begin airing on Oct. 26. The ad is shot documentary style, with Wade sharing some of his inner thoughts.

It's quite the departure from last season's campaign, which showed Wade tumbling to the floor during games and featuring the proverb ``Fall Seven Times, Stand Up Eight.''
''Last year everybody saw something I was about, the falling and the basketball action,'' Wade said after the long day of shooting. 'I'm kind of sick of basketball commercials. Even Spike said, `You don't want to see the typical dunk. You don't want to see the typical crossover anymore.' What the fans want now, they want to get to know who you are. And without me getting on a TV show and talking about my whole life, I thought we would give them a snippet about the way I think when it's time for games, or what's important to me. That's something that I really stressed, and I wanted this to be a real piece.

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home