Thursday, November 02, 2006

Winslow Running His Mouth Again, Should We Be Surprised?

Looks like NFL Soldier Kellen Winslow, Jr. is up to his old antics. Looks like he's pretty charged up for the game against San Diego this weekend and had some choice words to say about his own play:

"When I looked on the schedule, I always knew I'd be back for this game,"

"I look at it as a heavyweight match. It's me vs. Gates," Winslow said Wednesday. "I want to be the best tight end out there, and I've got to go do it on Sunday. You know, Tony's right behind me, Gates is right behind me. So I've got to stay on top."

"I said I was the best. I am the best. And I'm going to prove it on Sunday," Winslow said.

Winslow acknowledged that he has not silenced his critics.

"Not at all," he attests. "You've got to keep going because when you play for the Browns, right now you don't get a lot of pub [publicity]. I don't even think they know what I'm doing. So I've got to prove it against a good team like the Chargers, [and] the Ravens. I've got to ball up."

"I've got all the respect for Gates. But my father, he's on a whole other level. He made the tight end position," Winslow said.

"I think I'm a different type of breed," Winslow continued. "I'm not really a tight end, I'm not really a receiver. I'm kind of a 'tweener. And they figure out ways to give me the ball. Tony's more big body, big frame, like my dad. I'm kind of in between."

Big words from a man who hasn't even played 10 NFL games. Nevermind the rest of the team, it's just Antonio and Kellen on the field on Sunday. Keep in mind the Browns have not won back to back games since 2003.

Source

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

won not one...you always put that in your posts...but I love your site

November 06, 2006 12:45 AM  
Blogger SportsRx said...

Thanks, good lookin' out, we'll work on our grammar, thanks for your support.

November 06, 2006 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home