Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Run To The Record Store Kiddies, Ron Artest's Album Is Out

Just kidding, we like rap music, but Ron Artest's album isn't one we would run out to stores to pick up his album immediately, if at all. Apparently it's being hyped up though.

This is no kid-friendly set of jock jams. "My World" is more like the seedier side of the NBA set to bass and drum machines, where groupies and strippers are off-court pastimes, and a middle finger is sent straight to NBA Commissioner David Stern.

Here are some of the rhymes:

"Matt Lauer on NBC, you look like a girl don't talk to me
We did the interview you automatically hated me
Talked about the brawl but didn't ask about family."

Uh ok, Ron Artest talks about his album after a performance as well:

"I hope everyone finds songs they can relate to," said Artest before a performance Monday night at Fandango's nightclub in Rancho Cordova. "I have party songs, club songs, songs where I address social issues. I focused on keeping the music on the album versatile so all the songs have a different sound, and I touch on several topics. I hope everyone enjoys it."

For some reason, some might think this is going to be an album that actually sells, let's hope Ron doesn't quit his day job, the album record he should shoot for is to beat the amount of albums sold by Shaq.

Source

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought this album would ever come out, what a joke!

November 01, 2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Shaq actually had some skills. No I'm serious. He is best athlete/rapper to come out (which isn't saying much)

November 01, 2006 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There aren't that many out, who is there, Shaq, Chris Webber, didn't Iverson have an album like 8 years ago?

November 01, 2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

AI was decent too. I have also heard Kobe Bryant (wack) and Tony Parker (wacker). And then there's T.O. I actually like his track which you can hear here. Here is Brandon Lloyd of the 49ers. Deion Sanders had "must be the money" years ago, which was a joke. Roy Jones Jr also has put out an album or two and then who can forget these guys.

November 02, 2006 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home