Thursday, November 16, 2006

Portis Put On The Shelf For The Remainder of Season

As if no one could tell that the Redskins season was over after last weeks loss, it only seems to get worse. With an adjustment at quarterback, Jason Campbell replacing Mark Brunell, now RB Clinton Portis is done for the year.

Portis, who was placed on the injured reserve list yesterday after having surgery to repair a broken bone in his right hand Monday, will undergo additional surgery soon to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, which was partially dislocated on the opening drive of the preseason.


"You know in football you're going to have nicks and bruises, and it's only a matter of time" until a serious injury arises, Portis said. "If you play long enough, it's going to happen. If I ran out of bounds every play I'm sure I'd be a lot happier, but at the same time I'd be getting bashed for running out of bounds. You can't win in this situation. It's going to happen, and my time is going to come to an end one day, eventually. And before it does I want to get the most out of this game, and if my carries pile up, I'm going to have the opportunity to walk away on top of this game with money."

Portis is only 25 and with a full recovery we are sure he will be back to dominating the league next season. We are just going to miss his postgame newsconferences.


Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home