Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Does The Media Loves To Hate Bobby Knight?

The media is out against Texas Tech coach Bobby Knight again. This time for pushing up the chin of one of his players during the second half of their game in Lubbock, TX last night.
Television replays show Knight using his hand to push Texas Tech forward Michael Prince's chin during a timeout, as if to make him look the coach in the eye.
The player at the center of the latest uproar over Bob Knight says he had no problem with his coach's actions during Monday's game.
"It was nothing," Prince told the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. "He was trying to teach me and I had my head down, so he raised my chin up.

"He was telling me to go out there and don't be afraid to make mistakes. He said I was being too hard on myself."
Look, these days it appears that if you so much as lay a finger on a player, the media will be all over it. However, since Bobby Knight has such a past, you can't help but wonder if he's a target in this case. It's not like smacked him, or threw him down on the bench. If this were any other basketball program with a big time head coach would this issue be raised?


Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home