Monday, October 23, 2006

Musselman Sheds Tears

What a precedent the Sacramento Kings are setting for their players and fans in not disciplining coach Eric Musselman for his DUI arrest. This should help out Kings forward Ron Artest, if he decides to get out of line.

Musselman was pulled over at 2:15 a.m. Saturday about 1 1/2 miles from the State Capitol after his car was seen making a right-hand turn from the left-hand lane and cutting off another vehicle, the sheriff's department said.

Darrin May, the team's executive director of media relations, and two women were in Musselman's Mercedes. They were released.

The 41-year-old coach failed three sobriety tests and had a blood-alcohol level of 0.11, according to the arrest report. The legal limit is 0.08.

Musselman apologized for the disturbance he caused the Kings team and organization yesterday:

First let me say that I'm sorry," Musselman said at Arco Arena. "I'm embarrassed and ashamed. I'm well aware of the seriousness of the situation. It's not representative of how I live my life and I will never take it lightly. It was a huge mistake on my behalf."

If Musselman is convicted by a court of law, he will receive potential fines and suspension for this incident, but nothing from the Kings.

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home